OUR HND SPECIALITIES
- Professional training : the particularity of the HND training is that it is companies needs oriented, thus offering a strong potential for employability.
- Quick professional insertion : HND is a 2 year training program at the end of which an official examination is presented. At the end of this, the student obtains a Higher National Diploma, which is a professional diploma, making him/her fit for use. Therefore, 02 years after obtaining the General Certificate of Examination, the student is strongly prepared and ready to face professional world’s realities.
- High Employment Potential : All businesses in the world are in constant search of qualified human resources. HND courses are based on the demand and requirements of current companies inorder to produce profiles in line with labour demand.
- Permanent touch with the professional world as well as companies: this is done through end of first year academic internships which is mandatory for every student as well as enterprise visits and sharing activities with professionals.
- Flexible training : At the end of your HND cycle, you have the possibility to continue with professional training up to Masters. This eases integration into the LMD (« Licence Master Doctorat ») system.
IME is the result of the expertise of several experienced business leaders and graduates of the largest Cameroonian, European and American schools determined to make a significant contribution to the professionalisation of higher education and the resolution of the thorny problem of training-employment adequacy. Find below 07 reasons why IME is the best place for you to pursue your ambitions.
- IME is getting closer to students thanks to its campuses located in secure neighborhoods (AKWA & BONAMOUSSADI)
- Buildings respecting the rules and standards HSE (Health, Safety and Environment);
- Comfortable and air-conditioned rooms, with a maximum of 30 seats;
- Classrooms rescued by a generator;
- A videoconference room;
- High Speed Internet Access (Optical Fibre)
2. The teaching Staff
- Teachers are professors of universities and grandes écoles;
- Teachers are senior executives and business leaders
- Teachers are qualified and work with good faith.
3. Our training methods
The teaching method used is the skills approach, which aims to develop students’ knowledge, know-how and expertise through:
- Planning and respect of the academic calendar;
- Practical work and tutorials
- Constant student’s evaluation;
- Group work and regular presentations;
- The practical approach and interactivity of the training;
- The case study method
- Inversed pedagogy.
4. Enhanced Professionalisation
- Training in line with companies expectations;
- Training leading to international certifications ;
- Accompaniment in the research of academic and professional internships ;
- Special professionalisation courses;
- Works for companies.
5. Quality Certified ISO 9001
- Management system ensuring the satisfaction of all students for a better management of their expectations
- The proximity between staff and students to better manage their expectations;
- Objectives zero student complaint
6. Employment opportunities
- Accompaniment for professional integration thanks to the the numerous IME’s partners;
- Opportunity for the best students to attend free international seminars;
- I.M.E works with a vast network of partner companies supporting its professional integration policy. The best students are integrated into these companies immediately after their HND. This network absorbs 80% of needy students both on the academic and professional internships domain.
7. International openings
- Seminars and conferences by engineers and experts from ESIGETEL and EFREI (France), SOUSSE Polytechnic (Tunisia)
- Seminars and Conference by professors and experts from ESG UQAM (Canada), EM Normandie, ISEAM and Sup de Co La Rochelle (France)
There is no fixed procedure to follow to choose a sector or a specialty. Based on our experiences and lectures on the subject, we propose the following approach that has been proven effective over time. Many of the happiest people in their professional and even personal lives have been inspired by it.
- Make an inventory of your personal and professional qualities
- Have a passion for a job (Have a dream or a professional project)
- Talk to your loved ones
- Talk to a professional about the constraints, risks, benefits, job profile and career plan of the job.
- Take into account all the constraints and local realities
- Identify the different academic curricula leading to this profession
- Take a tour of universities offering courses in this curriculum
- Choose the best curriculum and the best university.